Here are the original goals that I set for the month of October.
- I plan on running a 5k at the beginning of November and would like to train to run that faster than last year (28:41). I’m going to start training for a speedy 5k with track workouts and all. I’ve never done a track workout in my life, so this should be fun.Does anyone have a good 5k training plan?
- Do each level of the 30 Day Shred 8 days in a row.
- On the nut butter front, I’m limiting myself to one jar for the entire month. This is about half as much as I ate last month. Yeah I know I have a problem.
- To blog one new recipe a week. I will try to do this on the weekend, I want to expand my recipe arsenal.
- This last goal sounds totally vane, but I would like to lose a few pounds. 5-6 pounds would be ideal to get me to my favorite weight that I haven’t been at for about 5 years.
Here’s how they all worked out:
- I’ve been training all month for this race, and I really think that I can get under 27 minutes for the 5K. I’ve been doing a once a week track workout and then a couple of medium length runs a week. Nothing too intense, but I feel like I’m getting faster and stronger. We’ll see if it paid off next weekend.
- Oh yeah… number 2 was a big fail. I did the shred video maybe 6 times all month. Oops.
- This I did so much better than I thought I would. I had bought one jar at the beginning of the month, that lasted about 3 weeks and I’ve been okay without my
cracknut butter since then.
- Yup… there are a lot of new pumpkin recipes on the blog now.
- I’ve lost a little under 4 pounds this month. I didn’t try really hard, but I sacrificed some of the yummier things this month to try and get closer to this goal.
Overall I’m happy with how I did with the goals. I’m really enjoying having little attainable tasks to work towards each month. Tomorrow I’ll be posting a new set for November.